For your own health and safety, we encourage you to make every effort to be completely and accurately informed. If you are unsure about the answer to any of the questions below, please contact our staff. Your health and well-being are our top priority.
Abortion Health & Safety Checklist
- Has your pregnancy been confirmed?
- Do you know for sure how far along you are?
- Are you sure that you are not having a miscarriage or tubal (ectopic) pregnancy?
- Have you been tested recently for STIs?
- Does the clinic require an ultrasound beforehand? How much does it cost?
- Do you know if the clinic has a doctor on staff or if the abortions are performed by medical personnel?
- Have you confirmed the abortion clinic’s procedures if the abortion fails or complications arise?
- Do you feel like you have accurate information about the abortion pill and the types of surgical abortions?
- Are you aware of possible complications associated with the abortion procedure?
- Are you aware of possible emotional side-effects connected with abortion?
- Do you know what options are available to you if the abortion fails?
- Have you discussed your medical history with a doctor or nurse to rule out any extra complications?
Like any procedure or medication, make sure you take the time to discuss your personal health and potential outcomes prior to your appointment.